Become A Training Supervisor for First Transit!
As a Training Supervisor you will manage driver hiring and training programs. Train drivers, driver instructors and/or other location employees with respect to driver hiring, safety and regulatory compliance. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations and company policy.
• Interviews driver candidates and selects drivers, based on Contract Manager approval and/or
supervises employees performing this function.
• Designs and/or delivers training to drivers. Training may include classroom or behind-the- wheel
formats and/or supervising employees engaged in this function.
• While the focus of the position is on driver hiring and training, employee may also have other safety
program responsibilities (e.g., accident investigation, forms compliance, safety meetings, passenger
management, analysis and reporting).
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience & Skills Required:
• 2 to 3 years transportation, safety or related experience
• 1 to 3 years training experience
• Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding safety and environmental issues
• Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
• Good verbal, written and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with
employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union
officials and general public
• Fluent in English
• Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
• Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as needed
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Incumbent must be able to move about the office and in the surrounding company facility outside the
office (e.g., bus parking lot); utilize standard office equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and
communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by telephone.
• Must be able to drive company or personal vehicle to investigate accidents, review driver safety
performance or handle other company matters.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.