This permanent full time staff position is responsible to operators and vehicle service staff, ensuring the safe, reliable operation of Transit vehicles through on road scrutiny and observation. The Road Supervisor will ensure: compliance with First Transit safety and security procedures, thorough investigation and reporting of incidents, accidents and injuries; accurate and complete record keeping.
• Participation on Health & Safety Committees
• Flexibility with work hours to meet operational needs
• Liaise with managers and Lead Trainers with respect to training needs and development i.e., driver workshops, statistical data, route safety concerns, special projects as delegated
• Monitor and supervise operators observing driving habits, safety practices, adherence to Operation Regulations and Principles. May be required to participate in the disciplinary process or apply first levels of discipline when necessary
• Accident investigation and follow up including retraining
• Complete necessary paperwork in a timely fashion
• Carry out field investigations of public complaints as required. Interviews operators, witnesses and other parties involved in accidents, incidents and injuries. Compiles and submits detailed reports to the General Manager.
• Act as backup to the Transit manager for covering vacations and other absences.
• Valid class 2 licence with 15 endorsement and clean driving abstract
• Strong interpersonal/customer service skills, communication skills and leadership qualities
• Ability to work with minimal supervision under fast paced high pressure scenarios, where quick decisions and actions may be required
• Minimum grade 12 High School Diploma
• Willingness to train on all types of Transit buses to ensure sound knowledge of their operation
• Knowledge of operator training and evaluation procedures would be an asset
• Strong computer skills a must
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
• Strong defensive driving skills
• Highway Traffic Act
• Safety and Health Practices
• Sound knowledge of Company Policies and Procedures
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.