Become A First Transit Road Supervisor!
This role will serve as First Line supervisors for Drivers, customer response, driver field evaluation and accident first responders.
• Communicates job requirements and responsibilities to drivers.
• Takes responsibility for day to day scheduling, counseling and evaluation reports to local
• Conducts on-the-scene accident investigation; assists drivers in preparing accident reports, OSHA
reports and safety violations documents.
• Designs and delivers driver training and safety courses; trains new drivers and retrains those involved
• Observes drivers on the road, and corrects safety problems on the scene while documenting
• Liaisons between drivers and both clients and organization in customer service issues.
• Evaluates and monitors driver safety and performance, as well as compliance in legal, employment
and labor policy matters.
• Assists Safety Manager with DOT/FTA compliance regarding drug testing and recordkeeping.
• Assists in dispatching, driving, interviewing, and miscellaneous clerical tasks as needed.
• Meets all driver qualifications at location.
• Obtains a CDL required to operate vehicles at location, maintains that license, and drives route
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
• High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Minimum Experience & Skills Required:
• Supervisory experience with hourly employees, with 2-3 years of transit supervisory experience
• Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and maintenance
• Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
• Excellent verbal, written and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact
with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives,
union officials and general public; fluent in English
• Human resources and training experience
• Work extended hours regularly, including Saturday
• Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
• Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as needed
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.