Become A Reservationist for First Transit!
Become a part of our First Transit team as a Reservationist. We hire individuals who
make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence,
and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
At First Transit, we are proud to offer:
• Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
• Comprehensive benefits packages.
• A great work environment.
Reservationist responsibilities include:
• Answers all incoming phone calls promptly and courteously.
• Efficiently receives all ride request information from callers and repeats all information received to confirm accuracy.
• Records type of service/related information accurately on each ride request.
• Establishes rapport and professional confidence level with passengers and is sensitive to passengers needs.
• Has proficient knowledge of Scheduling System.
• Possesses knowledge of First Transit and “agency” policies and Procedures.
• Efficiency is demonstrated by average telephone talk time.
• Has excellent knowledge of service area and is proficient in use of street directory and reverse directory.
• Creates manual trip ticket when system is at capacity and forwards to scheduler/dispatcher
• Suggests alternatives to passengers if system is at capacity at a particular time.
• Maintains organized work environment.
• Maintains the highest standard of excellence for subordinates, company
personnel, and all people contacted through personal appearance and attitude.
• Knowledge of computers
• Customer service experience
• Phone/Call center experience
• Experience with filing, data processing
• Familiar with service area
• Able to make sound judgment decisions
• Team-player attitude
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.