Now Hiring Driver Compliance Coordinator - 100% Remote
Job Purpose or Scope
Under direct supervision, ensures First Student’s driver, monitor, technician, and staff maintain
compliance under Federal/State rules and regulations, company and local policies and procedures.
• Maintain high degree of confidentiality / engage and promote safe environments / maintain positive
collaboration when communicating with all contacts.
• Builds / maintain positive work environment with location, area, and region staff.
• Provide on time compliance reports to assigned locations, Area Safety Manager, Sr. Area Driver
• Review all documents for accuracy before entering the compliance system. Communicate document
issues to location and provide support to resolve.
• Report compliance issues to Driver Compliance Specialist Supervisor / Region Driver Compliance
• Train location staff on compliance program, processes, and document requirements`.
• Train, assists, and provide ongoing support as needed to assigned locations.
• Participate in compliance and area conference calls / meetings.
• Participate / support new business growth / start up.
• Other responsibilities as required or requested.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required
• High school or equivalent
Minimum Experience & Skills Required
• One year business or operations experience preferred
• Knowledge of Driver Compliance Program
• Knowledge of Federal requirements for Commercial Drivers
• Knowledge of the Region states’ requirements
• Ability to provide leadership, training and coaching for location Driver Compliance Program
• Experience in project management
• Must have computer skills in Microsoft office programs
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
• Office environment
• Bus yard while traveling
• Travel up to 10%
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential
functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.