Become a Dispatcher for First Transit!
Job Purpose or Scope: Manages filed service to provide quality customer transportation services.
• Oversees road service assigned carriers by tracking trip performance measures, route begin on time, performance, incidents, etc.
• Provides customer support by responding to questions and concerns regarding customer trips including no shows, cancellations and missed trips.
• Manages emergency situations for vehicle operators; act as liaison between the carrier and emergency services.
• Manages daily service by reviewing route performance and proactively responding to situations that impact customer service
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Technical degree preferred
Minimum Experience & Skills Required:
• 3-5 years experience
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Problem solving and analytical abilities.
• Excellent customer service skills
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.