Become A Call Center Representative With First Transit!
Job Purpose or Scope
Provides quality customer service to customers by phone or in person. Performs some or all of the
• Responds to customer inquiries and problems by providing timely and accurate information or
directing inquiries to supervisor.
• Follows and explains policy and procedure as outlined in operations and procedures manuals.
• Treats each customer/caller with courtesy, dignity, and respect privacy.
• Meets or exceeds established performance requirements.
• Enters data with an error of 1% or less for notation of transportation type, pickup times, appointment
times, addresses, and other information as outlined in operations and procedures manuals.
• Documents trip authorization according to procedures.
• Remains knowledgeable of all policies and procedure changes.
• Adheres to the work schedule in order to handle the call volume and contractual requirements, unless
request made by supervisor.
• All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required
• High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience & Skills Required
• Able to operate a computer
• Complete any training requirements
• Communicate clearly in English
• Able to operate standard telephone system
• Exercise business telephone etiquette
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.